Event Phone: (888) 782-4969 Ext. 3
- sUAS Program Operator's Course 200810-UOP-POST-002
August 10, 2020 - August 14, 2020
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Virtual (online) classroom for FAA testing preparation begins July 10, 2020.
Cancellations must be made by June 30, 2020 to obtain a full refund. See our Cancelation Policy for additional restrictions & information.
The Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Program Operators Course is a 48-hour program of instruction designed to provide organizations with the knowledge and skills necessary to create and implement an aviation program based on unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) platforms. The class follows this progression of student performances:
- Prepare for, then take, the FAA UAG 107 test (included in tuition)
- Identify and explain agency specific mission sets
- Demonstrate the ability to create or modify a UAS safety management system
- Demonstrate the ability to create or modify a UAS maintenance program
- Explain UAS operations and limitations
- Create or modify a UAS training program
- Demonstrate the ability to apply for Public Use Certificates of Authorization and waivers under Part 107
- Demonstrate the ability to operate a UAV in basic mission sets
Successful graduates will be qualified under the FAA’s Part 107, to operate as a Remote Pilot in Command for standard operations (pending a TSA background investigation) or operate under the FAA’s Public Use provisions. Moreover, graduates will have the ability to apply for FAA Certificates of Waiver for those instances that do not conform to Part 107. Students will return to their respective organizations as certified operators with fully developed program templates ready for management review.
The Los Angeles County Regional Training Center (LACRTC) is not affiliated with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The FAA Remote Pilot Airman Certificate is achieved by successfully completing the FAA Aeronautical Knowledge Test. LACRTC has partnered with FAA testing centers to include the FAA test as part of this course (test fee is included in the tuition).
Course Length: 8 hours online and 5 days in class (48 hours total)
POST Approval: #1287-20266-19
Cost/Tuition: $1,530.00 (includes FAA 107 exam fee)
Max Class Size: 24 Students
Student Requirements: None
Recommended For: sUAS Operators and Supervisors / Policy and Program Creation
The Los Angeles County Regional Training Center (LACRTC) is committed to respecting and protecting the privacy of our customers. Your information will not be provided to third party providers of any kind or utilized for purposes outside of updates regarding our training courses and offerings. For additional information please see our Terms & Conditions.
Venue: Joint Powers Training Center