Event Phone: (888) 782-4969 Ext. 3
- sUAS Operators Course 210426-UOP-POST-002a
April 26, 2021 - April 30, 2021
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Virtual (online) classroom for FAA testing preparation begins March 26, 2021
Cancellations must be made by March 16, 2021 to obtain a full refund. See our Cancelation Policy for additional restrictions & information.
The Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Program Operators Course is 48 hours of instruction designed to provide organizations with the knowledge and skills necessary to create and/or maintain an aviation program based on unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) platforms. Student performances include:
- Prepare for, then take, the FAA UAG 107 test (included in tuition)
- Identify and explain agency-specific mission sets
- Demonstrate the ability to create or modify a UAS safety management system
- Demonstrate the ability to create or modify a UAS maintenance program
- Create or modify a UAS training program
- Demonstrate the ability to apply for Public Use Certificates of Authorization and waivers under Part 107
- Demonstrate the ability to operate at least 4 different UAV platforms in basic mission sets
Each student will receive a minimum of 12 hours of flight instruction and log at least three hours of actual flight time. Successful students will return to their respective organizations as certified operators with all the information required for a fully developed program ready for management review.
The Los Angeles County Regional Training Center (LACRTC) is not affiliated with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The FAA Remote Pilot Airman Certificate is achieved by successfully completing the FAA Aeronautical Knowledge Test. LACRTC has partnered with FAA testing centers to include the FAA test as part of this course (test fee is included in the tuition).
Course Length: 8 hours online and 5 days in class (48 hours total)
POST Approval: #1287-20266-202
Cost/Tuition: $1,530.00 (includes FAA 107 exam fee)
Max Class Size: 25 Students
Student Requirements: None
Recommended For: sUAS Operators and Supervisors / Policy and Program Creation
The Los Angeles County Regional Training Center (LACRTC) is committed to respecting and protecting the privacy of our customers. Your information will not be provided to third party providers of any kind or utilized for purposes outside of updates regarding our training courses and offerings. For additional information please see our Terms & Conditions.