The Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Program Operators Course is a 48-hour program of instruction designed to provide organizations with the knowledge and skills necessary to create and implement an aviation program based on unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) platforms. The class follows this progression of student performances:
- Prepare for, then take, the FAA UAG 107 test (included in tuition)
- Identify and explain agency specific mission sets
- Demonstrate the ability to create or modify a UAS safety management system
- Demonstrate the ability to create or modify a UAS maintenance program
- Explain UAS operations and limitations
- Create or modify a UAS training program
- Demonstrate the ability to apply for Public Use Certificates of Authorization and waivers under Part 107
- Demonstrate the ability to operate a UAV in basic mission sets
Each student will receive a minimum of eight hours of flight instruction and log at least two hours of actual flight time. Successful students will return to their respective organizations as certified operators with all the information required for a fully developed program ready for management review.
Successful graduates will be qualified under the FAA’s Part 107, to operate as a Remote Pilot in Command for standard operations (pending a TSA background investigation) or operate under the FAA’s Public Use provisions. Moreover, graduates will have the ability to apply for FAA Certificates of Waiver for those instances that do not conform to Part 107. Students will return to their respective organizations as certified operators with fully developed program templates ready for management review.
The Los Angeles County Regional Training Center (LACRTC) is not affiliated with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The FAA Remote Pilot Airman Certificate is achieved by successfully completing the FAA Aeronautical Knowledge Test. LACRTC has partnered with FAA testing centers to include the FAA test as part of this course (test fee is included in the tuition).
Course Length: 5 days in class and 8 hours online (48 hours total)
POST Approval: California (reimbursement plan N/A) & Missouri
Cost/Tuition: $1,380.00 (includes FAA 107 exam fee)
Max Class Size: 24 Students
Technical Level: UAS Operators and Supervisors/ Policy Creation
Recommended For: sUAS Operators and Supervisors / Policy and Program Creation
© Los Angeles County Regional Training Center 2019