LACRTC Job Opportunities
This job listing is now closed!
Who we are:
The Los Angeles County Regional Training Center (LACRTC) is a cadre of accomplished course designers and facilitators who have joined together to address ongoing law enforcement and fire training shortfalls. LACTRC is driven by an ideological purpose to make public safety agencies the absolute best in the world at a cost that is true to taxpayers. Because we are non-profit and mission-centered, we apply intelligent innovation and flexibility to bring consultation and course presentation to students that is affordable.
Our mission is to provide public agencies with the highest quality and most cost-effective training available.
The Los Angeles County Regional Training Center (LACRTC) is searching for a motivated, reliable and task-oriented Executive Assistant to support our executive team. You will work directly with senior level executives and be responsible for performing a number of business-related tasks for the team. Such tasks include creating reports, organizing travel and accommodation as well as other organizational tasks. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, professional, able to work independently and capable of managing their workload and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced corporate environment. You should have a basic understanding of Microsoft Office, be comfortable working on computers and online (cloud-based applications and services).
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coordinate executive communications, which includes taking calls, responding to emails and interfacing with clients.
- Schedule meetings and appointments and manage travel itineraries.
- Maintain an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents.
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality.
- Prepare financial statements, reports, memos, invoices letters, and other documents.
- Assist in basic bookkeeping tasks.
- Filing and retrieving corporate records, documents, and reports.
- Researching and preparing documents for review and presentation by boards of directors, committees, and executives.
- Assist with meeting preparations.
- Accurately record meeting minutes.
- Using various software, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and presentation software.
- Read, analyze and distribute incoming memos, letters and submissions.
- Make travel arrangements for executives and staff.
- Perform various office duties that include ordering supplies, managing records and working with databases.
- Provide general administrative support.
Qualifications and Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with firm-specific programs and software
- Proficiency in collaboration and delegation of duties
- Ability to organize a daily workload by priorities.
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment.
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
- Professional level verbal and written communication skills.
- Part time, 24 to 32 hours per week (Monday – Friday), Starting @ $15 to $20 per hour
- Extremely flexible schedule
- Ability to telecommute certain days and work independently
- Advancement opportunities, either administrative or field work
*NOTE: Telecommuting is only available at certain days and times. You will be working in the office on most typical days.
This job listing is now closed.
© Los Angeles County Regional Training Center 2019